Sunday, July 31, 2005

Planning for Lughnasadh, pt. II

The days are getting shorter. I start to notice that at Lughnasad. Tomorrow, the sun will rise at 5:58 a.m. where I am. I'll be up to meditate at dawn, and if it's not raining, I'll be in the park across the street from my house. (If you know me, you're laughing - I'm not a morning person.) Here's why: Yvonne and Gavin Frost recommend that we meditate when the sun is below the horizon and at the same time every day. My astrologer and spiritual teacher recommends that I meditate at dawn through August to gain insight into my life's path. So I'll set my alarm for 5:40, take my cotton quilt, a candle, and a small bag of sea salt for casting the circle, and go to the park, lean against a tree, face north, cast a circle, invoke protection, and sit.

Then I may crawl back into bed.

Tomorrow is a work day, but I'll also take some time for a tarot reading and to meditate upon my hopes and fears, to think about what needs to be nurtured and what needs to be cut away. For breakfast, toast with honey. For lunch and dinner, harvest vegetables.

Mercury is retrograde in Leo. The moon approaches dark and moves from Gemini to Cancer just before dawn; take good care of yourself and tune into your feelings.

Blessed Lughnasadh.

No comments: