Monday, May 23, 2005

Lakshmi: Fortune

When I arrived at Kripalu, after settling into my room, I went to the hot tub to take a ritual purification bath. After bathing and changing into fresh clothes, I sat down with the majors from the Goddess Tarot and my journal. I turned over one card: X. Lakshmi: Fortune. Lakshmi is the Hindu goddess of luck. In standard decks, this card is known as the Wheel of Fortune. I interpreted the card simply as karma: I am exactly where I am supposed to be, here at Kripalu, this weekend, this workshop (more on that later). Indeed, the week proved to be rich with synchronicity. But I get ahead of myself.

In my journal, I made a list of my hopes and expectations for the week:

1. To be inspired.
2. To ground myself in my body.
3. To clear my head.
4. To be creative.
5. To have fun.
6. To reclaim my flexibility, my integrated body.
7. To learn more about myself.
8. To feel love and joy.
9. To meditate.

The week was a roaring success on all counts.

1 comment:

No Foolin' said...

Thanks for the link to the Goddess Tarot on-line. I drew a card about my advocacy work. You can read about it at my blog!