Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Home sick

(Painting by Kate Merriman)

I've been home from work the last two days with a stomach virus. Yesterday I mostly slept; today I've done some web and book reading and am starting to feel restless, though without the energy to do much. Lugh stayed on the bed with me yesterday - guarding the weakest member of the pack, no doubt - but today he's snoozing on the couch in the living room. It's good to be home with him, even if we're both just lying about. He's snoring emphatically!

The Pagan web is preparing for Imbolc this Friday. If you'd like to participate in the Second Annual Brigid in Cyberspace silent poetry reading, you can sign up at Oak's blog. All you have to do is post a poem on Friday.

Hecate's gotten a head start with this gorgeous meditation on Imbolc as deep midwinter and a time to take a leap of faith. Read what she has to say and you might feel up to the challenge.

Chavala's sharing time home sick with me, but I'm inspired to read this description of her last week's activities. Her life sounds so full. She training for a half-marathon! She also describes a fine baby shower with none of that sentimental bullshit.

Joanna has posted a sketch of the three of earth (pentacles), and it's devastating! I adore it!

Both Jason and Sara have some good fun with, as well as show serious reservations about, witches on a daytime talk show. Oy! I just think of my relatives watching these shows and taking that crap seriously.

3 comments:

Aquila ka Hecate said...

Hmm-you know Inanna, I've been suffering from the gastro virus since last Thursday, and it finally felled me to the state I had to stay off work on Monday-and Tuesday.

I'm in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Can we say Comet McNaught?

Love,
Terri in Joburg

Inanna said...

Hi Terri! Do comets cause stomach flu? :) No one around me seems to have this bug, but I've gotten emails from folks far away who do, so clearly it's spreading via internet, or something. I do hope you're feeling better.

Are there many Pagans in South Africa?

Aquila ka Hecate said...

Quite a few South African Pagans Inanna.We don't have too much of a hard time of it because of our cultural diversity.

Let me correct that- I don't have too much of a hard time of it, at least!

Fred Hoyle and Chandra Wickramasingh proposed the panspermia theory around the middle of the last century, whereby life forms - perhaps all lifeforms, but specifically bacteria and viruses - arrive at the Earth via comets and meteors .
This might even be the origin of the name comets have of being harbingers of great disasters.
Who knows?
I do know that it's probably unwise to laugh at Fred and Chandra-they've been right about other things.

Love,
Terri in Joburg, feeling so well because she's been sick
PS hope you're up and about by now, too.